Frequently asked questions
We believe that every entrepreneur deserves the chance to bulid an awesome company.
BRIIA GPS is a way of discovering where you are in your entrepreneurial journey so that we can build a plan to help you get to where you want to go.
The BRIIA GPS is a numerical incarnation of concepts developed by Bruce Cleveland of Wildcat Venture Partners in his book "Traversing the Traction Gap" and the book "Play Bigger" by Ramadan, Peterson, Lochhead, and Maney. These concepts are used extensively in the BRIIA Accelerator Programs.
The letters in the grey boxes are derived from "Traversing the Traction Gap" by Bruce Cleveland of Wildcat Ventures. Here's what they mean:
- Idea - the moment when you are inspired to create a particular solution or solve a particular problem.
- IPR - Iniital Product Release. Your idea has now been translated into a functioning product or service that a prospect or customer can use to solve a portion of the problem you set out to solve.
- MVP - Minimum Viable Product. This is the version of your product that solves a "whole" problem. It may not have all the bells and whistles you or your customer would like it to have, but it is a solid solution for the problem you solve.
- MVR - Minimum Viable Repeatability.This is the point where you start to see some patterns in your business that are repeatable. This includes the profile of customer that is buying your product, the ease with which you onboard your next employee, and the regularity with which you release new product features or enhancements.
- MVT - Minimum Viable Traction. When you've reached this phase, your company is scaling every quarter. You know how to find new prospects and convert them to customers at scale. You have a really good handle on your customer acquistion costs (CAC) and the life-time value (LTV) of a customer.
The Traction Map was created by BRIIA to provide a common framework for determining the maturity of a startup. The Map integrates concepts developed by Bruce Cleveland of Wildcat Venture Partners in his book "Traversing the Traction Gap" and the book "Play Bigger" by Ramadan, Peterson, Lochhead, and Maney. One of the core principles of the Traction Map is that your BRIIA GPS can never be higher than the weakest Traction path.
When you save your BRIIA GPS, you will be able retrieve these scores and update your progress whenever you come back.
We will also let you know when your custom, guided development plan is ready. (See Coming Soon...)
Your BRIIA GPS helps put you on the entrepreneurial map. If you don't know where you are, it's very difficult to know what path will get you where you want to be.
The scores you see on your GPS are a simplified means of letting you know what work you need to do to build a great company. Our goal (See Coming Soon...) is to develop a customized path for you. We can only do that if we know what point you are starting from.
We are building a new way to help entrepreneurs expedite the development of their companies. The BRIIA Guided Progress Score (GPS) is only the beginning.
When completed, we will identify the specific things you should do to develop your company, based on your GPS. Your time is precious and focus is key.
Our new virtual programs will combine the power of mentors, courses, action plans, templates, technology resources, and access to vetted service providers in a way that is unique to your journey.
It's all going to happen in 2020 and we'll be in touch when our new vision is ready for you!
BRIIA expedites startup development through the creation of unique, guided development plans for each entrepreneur. We meet entrepreneurs wherever they are and help them get to where they want to go - from idea to getting funded.
We don't believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. We're curating the wisdom of many to create a unique path for each entrepreneur!